This post is a continuation of the 100 bits and pieces of me in celebration of my 100th post. Deb gave this cool little widget of me sitting and looking so realistically thin and tired to commemorate the celebration. Thanks Deb!!!
Alrighty, moving right along...
21. I make a 12 cup pot of coffee every morning and usually drink the entire thing. Rick pours himself a cup and lets it sit...So, actually I only drink an 11 cup pot.
22. I still have no window treatments on my kitchen windows. Or in the dining room. I have the fabric. In my closet. Waiting patiently to become beautiful window coverings.
23. We have lived in our community since last December with no neighbors. Now we have 2 families building down the street. Not sure how I feel about having to be all neighborly now.
24. The family that will be moving in first was at my house EVERY DAY before it was completed. They were getting ideas for their new house. Did I mention they were here before we moved in EVERYDAY looking at my house and making notes?
25. The house down the street is almost exactly like mine. Same Antique Brown hand-scraped hardwood floors. Same tile. Same basic colors. Similar floor plan. I. AM. TAKING. THIS. AS. A. HUGE. COMPLIMENT. LIKE. MY. HUSBAND. TOLD. ME. TO. DO.
26. I snuck in their house to look late Sunday night. Mine is much better. Just sayin'....
27. I have never had issues about sharing ideas, colors, design tricks, whatever. This time I am like a spoiled 14 year old. I am thinking it stems from her "lurkiness" prior to us moving in. It's VERY difficult for me to be the Welcome Wagon. Copy Catter.
28. I am really dreading this trip we are taking next week. I know, I know...I am ungrate and whiney. It isn't the trip itself. It is the timing. We come back at midnight on Sunday, which gives me 3 days to prepare for Thanksgiving. Did I mention I have 35 people coming?
29. I should be concerned about the food. But that is the least of my worries. My main concerns are those damn window coverings. THAT is what I will be doing this week. Screw the dressing and the broccoli rice casserole. My windows will be FABULOUS!!! (Please God, let the hot glue hold up at least thru Christmas. Amen.) Their tummies will be growling, but they can look for the pizza delivery guy out of the wonderful windows.
30. I do not know how to sew. I use bonding tape or hot glue.
31. I have really struggled over what to get my SSS for Christmas.
32. I like Thanksgiving a million times more than Christmas because of the whole gift expectation thing.
33. The best Christmas we ever had as a family was when when we all went skiing in Tahoe. That was everyone's gift. Their presents consisted of scarfs and gloves. That was it. We ate like pigs and I had nothing to exchange at the stores. I wish I could do that every Christmas.
34. I think I have a strange version of Adult Attention Deficit Disorder. When watching movies, I miss the whole plot when I am concentrated on the decor of the character's home or their car. I also do that in the romance department. In the throws of passion, I am thinking, 'Crap! Those candles are going to drip on my table,' or 'Man! I need to dust that headboard.'
35. Beer breath is a turn on for me.
36. I have seen Rick drunk 3 times. All 3 times were on our last cruise.
37. He is funny without being drunk, but liquored up- he could do stand-up comedy. He is HILARIOUS.
38. I am going to wear linen the entire trip next week. It's November, but 88 degrees in Aruba. Linen is the only summery clothing I own. And linen is out of season. I am hyper-ventilating over the fact I will not technically be in style.
39. I am planning to drink the entire 7 days we are on the ship. I don't mean wine with my meals either. I have been on this cruise once and seen all the sites sober. I am hoping to be soused the entire time. So if you hear on the news about some drunk broad in linen being removed from the cruise ship and put in an Arubian jail for incessant disorderly conduct, it's me. I am going to live it up.
40. I am lying about the disorderly conduct thing in #39. I am giggler when I am drunk, not disorderly. I am hoping incessant giggling is not illegal. I am scared of jail.
Okay, wake up now. I am finished for today.
Do you think I can be the non-addictive alternative to Ambien CR?