Monday, August 4, 2008

Inquiring Minds Want to Know

Just as Amelia said, the party was lots of fun. I arrived early so we could talk and of course she put me to work....tearing lettuce for the hamburgers. Freakin' slave driver.

Just when you think you have reached the pinnacle of coolness, spend time with your young-adult children and they will tell you otherwise.

Kalee: "Hey, did you know mom BLOGS now?"
John David and Trevor: "You do?"
Me: (with slight trepidation) "Yeah."
JD: "What do you blog about?"
Me: "Y'all."
Trev: "Like a real blog?"
JD: "Don't you have to have my permission to say stuff about me?"
Me: "Nope. That's the beauty of it."
Trev JD Kalee: "You're gay."
Me: "Hey, I have like a following of people all over the world and they don't think I'm gay."
Trev: "Do you make money?"
JD: "Like how many people?"
Me: "Millions."
Kalee JD Trev: "You are so gay."

So, needless to say this entire weekend, anytime anything funny happened, my boys would, in their annoying falsetto voices, say, "Oh, I am going to blog about that!"
When we got gas, when we stopped to eat, when we stopped 27 times to pee, me and my blogging were the subjects of all the jokes.

So, to prove them wrong and make them pay:

Trev turned 20 on Sunday, so we celebrated early with the fam before Gene's party started. So after much chocolate cake and much illegally consumed beer, Mr. Birthday Boy, decides to show off his real-life athletic ability on the trampoline. He was reaching heigths of 8 ft off the trampoline when I shouted, "Do a toe touch!" After the oohs and ahhs from the crowd of family members watching, he decided to get all fancy on us and began to do these death-defying tucks and twists. After finishing, the smaller boys, ages 8-12, were patting him on the back and reminding him how cool he was, when Jacob asked, "Hey Trevor, were you a cheerleader?" herrherr

John David and Lance(Kalee's hubby), July and August's calendar models for AnheiserBusch, decide to try and outdrink each other and will never live down the puking and the inappropiate peeing EVER!!! What rookies! Point and laugh

Amelia forgot to mention to you about the self-tanner incident, which actually helped our kids tell us apart at the party: Me- no color feet, Amelia-the splotchy orange feet. We threw them off again though once the sun went down.

We laughed a LOT and just left it up to our kids to embarrass us that night.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

You were always the butt of their jokes...you just didn't know it!

Ronda's Rants said...

At my Dad's birthday party...I headr my Mom tell my Aunt be careful what you say to her....she'll blog about you! Family so fun to blog about !

jill jill bo bill said...

That's so funny-and true.

Texasholly said...

You had me at "Jill jill bo bill". I am so glad you mentioned you live in the area. If you are interested in meeting some other bloggers, we are getting together this month. Email me at junecleaver at tx.rr.com and I can fill ya in.

I can't wait until my kids are old enough to call me gay. Cuz I will have YEARS of gay coverage archives before they realize it.

Jill said...

Oh this so reminds me of conversations between me and my brothers! What fun! I look forward to having these types of playful discussions in say 15 years! For now, it's all about the word poopie. Oddly enough, it makes my girls burst out in hysterics!

Tenakim said...

I knew I was missing out on something by keeping my blogging a secret- being called gay and lying about my million readers- I would also lie and say I make money otherwise I could never justigy the time I waste!

Kritta22 said...

I'm glad you had a good time! I love that all things dumb are gay now. Even my hubby says it. That's gay! LOL

Debz said...

first things first ... "tearing lettuce for the hamburgers"! there has got to be someone you can call about that, its just wrong. maybe even cruel and inhumane.
and in this day and age, when we all have to be so danged PC, it's nice to hear them tell you that you are so gay. i am forever saying that and get "those" looks, like i shouldn't say such things. i also tell my husband sometimes that he is retarded...i say it with much love.
i dare not tell my kids i blog. i cannot give them any more fuel for their already 3 alarm fires. that would be as bad as admitting that i smoked pot when i was younger...oh sheesh, i just admitted it didn't I? crap

amelia bedelia said...

your gay

Deb said...

"Not that there's anything wrong with that"

Seinfeld show...remember that one?

Brenda said...

Blogs - the perfect forum to embarrass your family!

careysue said...

My kids make fun of me as well...I do learn a lot of cool things from them...and yes, I've been called gay and "That's so gay Mom"!

Scary Mommy said...

Good lord, woman---8 children? Holy shit. I just can't get past that!!!

This post is too funny- my friends are all paranoid that they'll end up featured. My kids are too young, but I'm sure they'll get there soon too.

I am so glad I checked you out-- I'm adding you to my blogroll too :)